Thursday, 7 September 2017

Beautiful Fabrics: Soane Britain

How's this for a skirted table?
 I've been doing a bit of slapdash decorating this week in our older daughter's room, a little refresh which I'm planning to have finished before she comes home for Thanksgiving.  I bought some new fabrics for the job from my favourite source in Toronto: Designer Fabrics Outlet on Queen Street.  Of course I agonized over what to choose because I want ALL of the fabrics.  I have to fight very hard to not over-purchase and hoard fabrics, so quite frankly it's probably a good thing I don't have easy access to Soane Britain.  Their fabrics (and wallpaper) are some of the most beautiful I've ever seen.
Let's have a look at some of my favourites, both from their new collection and some of their older patterns:
Love the fabric paired with that rug.

If I could sew anything more complicated than a straight line?
I'd be whipping up ruffly slipcovers.

Stunning!


Another fabric on sofa paired with the same pattern on the wall.
Subtle but so pretty.

Pink paisley canopied bed!

This is very similar to the colour scheme in my bedroom.
That upholstered headboard: love.

A canopied bath! What lovely use of a dainty blue print.
 How about some of the wallpaper patterns?

ADORE THIS with that exquisite lampshade.

Elephants, blue and white, say no more.

Love the colours of this and the dark cream background.
How do you like the offerings from Soane Britain?  Any other fabric/wallpaper houses which should be on my radar?  Would you like to see the results of my current bit of slapdash decorating?
xoxDani

*images sourced from Soane Britain's site.

10 comments:

  1. Lovely! I always love your slapdash decorating. I love Designer Fabrics on Queen (their awful orange sign does not do them justice!!) I used to live a stone's throw from Designer's Walk in Toronto and they had a sidewalk sale every year of designer fabrics. Oh, how I loved that. I've used up most of it and need to reload at some point. Perhaps a trip to Soane Britain in in order! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen so true about that orange sign! That sounds like a very very good sidewalk sale, I'd have gone silly. Hope you're enjoying the peace and quiet of back to school week :) xx

      Delete
  2. I think you might Robert Kime's site and work too, he works in that very traditional British style too, he decorated an old friend's house in Edinburgh, his work is stunning. My favourite house online at the moment, is Rebecca de Ravenel's home in LA, I'd love a light, airy interior like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tabs even though you are SO Scottish I see you in LA in a home just like that. Thank you for the recommendation Tabs XX

      Delete
  3. Well now, Soane is one of my go-tos for inspiration! I absolutely adore their fabrics and wallpapers, and also their wicker furniture pieces and lighting... well, just about everything.

    I echo Tabitha that you'd love Robert Kime, and also Bennison, and probably Carolina Irving too... And probably also a lot of Colefax & Fowler - many of their fabrics come with instant patina. Love the new blog and so good to see you at it again Dani! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heidi! Sounds like I have some happy internet searching to do, thank you for the recommendations. Oh gosh Soane's wicker pieces, TDF truly. Thank you Heidi XX

      Delete
  4. I would love to see the results of your decorating efforts! I hope your daughter is thrilled when she sees her room. As for the canopy over the bathtub, I must figure out how to do that. I don't think I've seen anything that lovely in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SD I finally finished it yesterday! I'll post on it this weekend. I'm happy with the slapdash decorating even though all of that sewing gave me a terrible headache/backache. I know isn't that a lovely canopy! I have a clawfoot tub in the stone house, that's high on my list when I decorate the bathroom. XX

      Delete
  5. oh that top photo is to die for. i love it all. i've never been more in love with wallpaper than i am these days! in other news i may have finally found the kitchen table i've been looking for for 10 years. maybe it was the power of your previous post?! love the new font size, my old eyes thank you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet, 10 years is a long time so I bet it is beautiful and perfect! How exciting. And I love your kitchen so much already. Honestly I couldn't deal with the old font size either. Missing having my tech-y son around to fix things in 5 seconds. XX

      Delete